Guidebook News 2013
The GVTA Guidebook, Edition 6 was first printed in 2006. It was produced by several volunteers and was a new and improved edition. The supply of the first printing sold fairly quickly. During that time reroutes were published in this website ... see Resources > Trail and Road Name Changes.
The GVTA Board of Directors decided to do a second printing of Edition 6 with current reroutes clearly marked and using the new GVTA logo. From late 2009 to present, the second printing is the one being sold in local stores (see list of stores below).
- If you own the 1st Printing of Edition 6 (2006), click here for a summary of reroutes.
- If you own the 2nd Printing of Edition 6 (2009), click here for a summary of reroutes.
The GVTA Guidebook, Edition 6, 2nd Printing is available from some GVTA members - no shipping fee.
- Buy copies of the 2nd Printing at bookstores and other outlets - see listing below. Or, use this PDF application form (shipping fee applies).
- 16 full colour maps
- index map in colour & more details
- Trail description (and more) on back of each map
- GPS marked trail
- Ring binder for future editions
- updated road names
- side trails
- Cost: $25 for members and $30 for non-members if purchased via GVTA. Or, use this PDF application form (shipping fee applies).
If you wish to join GVTA, check the Membership/Join GVTA web page for information and a combined Membership Application and Order Form.
GVTA thanks the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation, Kitchener-Waterloo Branch, for its generous grant to fund the 1st Printing cost of the GVTA Guidebook, 6th Edition in 2006. Proceeds from the sale of the guidebook are earmarked for trail maintenance costs such as the purchase of lumber for pedestrian footbridges, boardwalks and box culverts along the trail. The labour necessary for the planning and construction of such structures is provided by volunteers. GVTA has several community supporters throughout four counties. Check them out here.
Where to buy the GVTA Guidebook, Edition 6, 2nd Printing
To the best of our knowledge the following outlets are selling copies. Its ISBN is 0-9780437-0-7.
You are advised to call the store to ensure they have copies in stock.
- Adventure Guide Inc., 382 King Street North, Waterloo, ON [Google Maps] > 519-886-3121
- Book Express, Cambridge Centre, 355 Hespeler Rd., Cambridge, ON [Google Maps] > 519-621-9500
- BookLore (Nancy Grater), 121 First Street, Orangeville, ON [Google Maps] > 519-942-3830
- Grand River Conservation Authority, 400 Clyde Rd, Cambridge, ON [Google Maps] > 519-621-2761
- Novacks Travel Bookstore (Novacks Homepage) , 211 King Street, London, ON [Google Maps] > 519-434-2282
- Roxanne's Reflections Books & Card Shop, 152 St. Andrew St. W., Fergus, ON [Google Maps] > 519-843-4391
- Runners' Choice Waterloo, 247 King Street North, Waterloo, ON [Google Maps] > 519-884-5361
- The Bookshelf, 41 Quebec Street, Guelph, ON [Google Maps] > 519-821-3311
- The Brant Museum & Archives, 57 Charlotte St., Brantford, ON [Google Maps] > 519-752-8578
- The Neat Little Bookshop,
29 Talbot Road West (Hwy 3), Cayuga, ON [Google Maps] > 905-577-5635
- Tumblehome Outdoor Clothing & Equipment, 401 Brant St, Burlington, ON [Google Maps] > 905-639-8713
- University of Guelph Book Store, MacNaughton Building, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON [Google Maps] > (519) 824-4120 ext. 53715
- Webco Sports, 240 Duke Street West, Kitchener, ON [Google Maps] > 519-744-1321
- Wild Birds Unlimited, 951 Gordon St., Unit 3, Guelph, ON [Google Maps] > 519-821-2473
- Words Worth Books , 100 King St South, Waterloo, ON [Google Maps] > 519-884-2665
Updated 2013 FEBRUARY 19 TUESDAY | TODAY IS