Family hike on October 5
Join the Grand Valley Trails Association (GVTA) for our free pre-Oktoberfest family hike on October 5 at 1 pm! Discover part of the GVTA trail, enjoy a scenic landscape and early fall colours while participating in a fun, family-friendly hike.
The group will be hiking in Natchez Woods in Kitchener. Detailed directions on where to park and meet will be sent to registered participants.
We welcome all interested kids and their adults to join us for this family hike. However, registration is required and participation is limited!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult on the hike.
- No strollers, and no pets, please.
- Dress for the weather.
- Wear sturdy and comfortable footwear.
What to expect
We expect that the majority of children attending our kids hike will be ages 3-12, although younger ones are welcome if carried by their parents.
Hikers will be divided into two groups:
- Tortoise Group will walk at a pace for shorter legs. The Tortoise group is expected to be generally ages 3-6.
- Hare Group will walk at a faster pace and cover a longer distance. The Hare group is expected to be generally ages 6-12.
The hike should take about one hour depending on the pace of the hikers!
This is a guided hike and REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED in advance. Please note that we will cap registration at 12 kids in each group… so register now!
Refreshments provided after the hike. Hope you can join us!